Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Poondu Urukai

Ingredients
500 gms garlic
150 ml sesame oil
300 ml lime juice
½ cup coriander seeds
1 tbsp Fenugreek seeds
10 curry leaves
3 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp shredded jaggery
Salt to taste



Preparation
Dry roast coriander and fenugreek seeds with curry leaves.
Once the mixture is cooled powder it.
Slice the garlic lengthwise.

Method
Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard and allow it to splatter.
Now add sliced garlic, once the garlic is softened add lime juice, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and grinned powder.
When the oil starts to separate from pan close the flame and add jaggery.
Once the pickle is cooled store it in an air tight container.


 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

my fav pickle...u can also try this.. pickle

About me

About me
Hi all, I was a lazy and dumb cook before marriage. After marriage I started to try different types of foods and found cooking interesting.  I feel happy while trying different varieties of food.Most are south indian authentic recipes from my mother's kitchen.Please feel free to contact me and leave your valuable comment.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Popular Posts