Thursday, August 25, 2016

Ingredients
1 big white Pumpkin(Remove skin and seeds)
Grate the pumpkin and filter the pumpkin water.

For 1 cup pumpkin(without water) 3/4 cup sugar.
1 tsp saffron(for 1 cup pumpkin) 
1 tsp salt
some shopped cashew nuts
1/2  cup ghee( for 1 cup pumpkin)

Method
Grate and filter the pumpkin with sieve.
Save the filtered water.


Boil the pumpkin water until it reduces half .



Now add the grated pumpkin and cook for further 5 minutes.

Add salt,sugar and saffron.
Mix now and then on low flame.

In sometime the halwa becomes thick and change to golden color.
Now add ghee,cashew nut  and continue to cook.


To check the consistency when you pull your spoon it should leave way to show the bottom of the pan.
Now the Yummy Halwa is ready.
You can make it in large quantity and store it in freezer.



0 comments:

About me

About me
Hi all, I was a lazy and dumb cook before marriage. After marriage I started to try different types of foods and found cooking interesting.  I feel happy while trying different varieties of food.Most are south indian authentic recipes from my mother's kitchen.Please feel free to contact me and leave your valuable comment.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Popular Posts