Thursday, August 11, 2016

Ingredients
1 cup raw rice(or basamathi rice)
1/2 cup moong dal
3/4 cup palm jaggery(karupatti)
5 tbsp clarified butter(ghee)
1 tsp cardamom powder
10 raw cashwenut
10 raisins
Salt 1/2 spoon 



method
Heat pan add moong dal and fry until golden brown.
Take away from heat add rice and wash both .
Next cook them with 2 1/2 cups of water.
Mean time powder the jaggery, add 1 cup water.
Heat on low flame until jaggery dissolves.
Filter the jaggery to remove the impurities.
Add the filtered jaggery to cooked rice and mash without any lumps on low flame.
Add 2 tbsp ghee and salt, mix  properly.
Heat remaining ghee on small pan and roast  cashwenut,and raisins.
Add this to rice with cardamom powder. 


0 comments:

About me

About me
Hi all, I was a lazy and dumb cook before marriage. After marriage I started to try different types of foods and found cooking interesting.  I feel happy while trying different varieties of food.Most are south indian authentic recipes from my mother's kitchen.Please feel free to contact me and leave your valuable comment.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Popular Posts