Monday, August 1, 2016

Ingredients
1 medium size bitter gourd
1 big onion
1/2 tomato
10 garlic cloves
10 curry leaves
25 gm of tamarind(soak in water)
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp asafoetida powder
2tsp chilli powder
1tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp jaggery
2 tbsp of gingerly oil
salt to taste




Preparation
Soak tamarind in water
Discard the inner seeds and pulp and chop the bitter gourd length wise


Method
Heat oil in a pan
Add fenugreek seeds and asafoetida.
Next add onion garlic and curry leaves.
Fry until the onions become translucent
Next add finely chopped tomato, bitter gourd and turmeric powder
Open fry on low heat until oil separates from the mixture
Once the bitter gourd is tender add tamarind  juice,chilly powder and salt.
Cook further for 10 minutes
Add jaggery and remove from heat
Serve hot with hot rice or roties.




0 comments:

About me

About me
Hi all, I was a lazy and dumb cook before marriage. After marriage I started to try different types of foods and found cooking interesting.  I feel happy while trying different varieties of food.Most are south indian authentic recipes from my mother's kitchen.Please feel free to contact me and leave your valuable comment.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Popular Posts