Tuesday, January 22, 2013

South Indian Koli Kuzmbu

Ingredients
500 grams of  Chicken with bone
500 grams of Shallots
5 Red chillies
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp pepper corns
4 garlic cloves
2 inch ginger
½ cup coconut
3 tbsp coriander powder
10 curry leaves
5 cashew nut
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp Cooking oil
Salt 




Method
In a pan heat 2 tbsp of oil.
Once the oil is heated add the onion and fry until it turns brown.
Next add Red chilli, Pepper corns, Cumin Seeds, 6 Curry leaves, Ginger, Garlic and Cashew nut.
Fry for minimum 10 minutes.
Next add the coriander powder and coconut and fry for further 5 minutes.
Once the fried mixture is cooled grind it into fine paste adding some water.

In a separate thick bottom pan add 1 tbsp of oil , 4 Curry Leaves and fry the chicken in medium heat with turmeric powder.
In 5 minutes add the grinded paste and allow the gravy to boil.
Once the gravy started to boil add salt close the pan and cook until the chicken is tender.




0 comments:

About me

About me
Hi all, I was a lazy and dumb cook before marriage. After marriage I started to try different types of foods and found cooking interesting.  I feel happy while trying different varieties of food.Most are south indian authentic recipes from my mother's kitchen.Please feel free to contact me and leave your valuable comment.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Popular Posts