Monday, August 10, 2015

Yellow Pumpkin Curry



Ingredients


½ kg yellow pumpkin
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp mustard
1 red onion finely chopped
4 whole garlic cloves
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp fresh cumin powder
1 tbsp thickened cream(optional)
Salt to taste
Finely chopped Coriander and curry leaves to garnish

Preparation
Dry roast cumin seeds and powder it
Cut the pumpkin into 2 inch cube

Method
Heat oil in a cooking pan.
Add mustard and allow to pop.
Fry onion until translucent.
Add garlic and pumpkin along with chilli, coriander, turmeric powder and salt.
Close pan and cook until the pumpkin is tender.
At last add thicken and cumin powder.
Serve with  hot roti.
  

0 comments:

About me

About me
Hi all, I was a lazy and dumb cook before marriage. After marriage I started to try different types of foods and found cooking interesting.  I feel happy while trying different varieties of food.Most are south indian authentic recipes from my mother's kitchen.Please feel free to contact me and leave your valuable comment.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Popular Posts